Discover the charms of Lanzarote: A tourist guide for sun and beach lovers.
Lanzarote, an island paradise known as the jewel of the Atlantic, offers visitors a wide variety of beaches and water activities to enjoy all year round. With its subtropical climate and impressive volcanic landscapes, this island is one of the main islands of the Canary Islands, a true paradise for sun and beach lovers. In this article, we will present you a complete tourist guide of Lanzarote, where you can discover the best beaches, free and paid water activities, tips on how to choose the perfect beach for you, restaurant recommendations and exclusive accommodations for your stay in Lanzarote.
Best Beaches to Visit in Lanzarote
Papagayo Beach: Considered one of the most beautiful beaches of Lanzarote, Papagayo Beach will captivate you with its golden sand, crystal clear waters and unspoiled natural environment. It is perfect for relaxing, sunbathing and taking a refreshing dip in the sea.
2. Playa de Famara: With its stunning views of the Risco de Famara and its long golden sandy beach, Playa de Famara is a paradise for surfers and kitesurfers. Here you can enjoy exciting water adventures and unparalleled panoramic views.
3. Playa Blanca: Located in the south of the island, Playa Blanca is known for its crystal clear waters and its wide range of water activities such as snorkeling and diving. It also has a wide variety of restaurants and stores to enjoy during your visit.
Free water activities in Lanzarote
1. Snorkeling at Playa Chica: Located in Puerto del Carmen, Playa Chica is ideal for snorkeling and exploring Lanzarote’s amazing marine life. You can swim among tropical fish, rays and turtles in crystal clear waters.
Water hiking in Los Hervideros: Los Hervideros is an impressive volcanic landscape located on the coast of Lanzarote, where the force of the ocean has created a series of caves and caverns. You will be able to enjoy an exciting aquatic trekking while you marvel at the power of the waves.
Surfing in Playa de Famara: Playa de Famara in Lanzarote is an unmissable destination for those who want to start surfing. Its beginner-friendly conditions, the presence of high quality surf schools and its beautiful surroundings make this beach a perfect place to take your first steps in the world of surfing.
Paid water activities in Lanzarote
Dive in the Museo Atlántico: Dive in the Museo Atlántico, one of the most outstanding attractions of Lanzarote, where you can explore an incredible collection of underwater sculptures. This unique experience will allow you to discover the art and beauty of the underwater world.
2. Dolphin and whale watching by boat: Lanzarote, a beautiful island in the Canary archipelago, is famous for its spectacular sightings of dolphins and whales in the Atlantic Ocean. The best way to enjoy this unique experience is to embark on an exciting boat tour. One of the best options to embark on this adventure and also without polluting is with WeWhale’s excursions.
Tips on how to choose the perfect beach in Lanzarote
Lanzarote offers a wide variety of beaches for all tastes and activities. For those seeking relaxation and tranquility, Playa Grande in Puerto del Carmen is an excellent choice. Its crystal clear waters and golden sand are perfect for sunbathing and relaxing on the shore.
For surf and water sports lovers, Famara is the ideal beach. With its impressive waves and constant winds, it is a paradise for surfers and kite surfers. This beach also offers impressive views of the cliffs that surround the coast.
Those wishing to explore the marine life can enjoy Playa Chica, near Puerto del Carmen. Its clear and shallow waters are perfect for snorkeling. With a great variety of marine species, diving lovers will enjoy this beach.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a more exclusive experience, Papagayo Beach is the perfect choice. This unspoiled beach offers turquoise waters and the desired privacy. Surrounded by spectacular cliffs, it is perfect for those who wish to enjoy nature at its best.
In conclusion, Lanzarote has beaches for all tastes and activities. Whether it’s relaxing on the shore, practicing water sports or exploring the marine life, there is a perfect beach for everyone.
Restaurant recommendations in Lanzarote
- El Golfo Restaurant: Specializing in fresh seafood and fish, this restaurant offers a unique gastronomic experience. Moderately priced and with a 4.4/5 Google rating, it is an excellent choice.
- La Cabaña Restaurant: This place stands out for its Canarian cuisine, where you can enjoy traditional dishes of the region. Prices are affordable and it has a 4.2/5 Google rating.
- Casa Rafa Restaurant: If you are looking for authentic Canarian flavors, Casa Rafa is an excellent choice. Its homemade dishes and affordable prices make it a popular place among locals. It has a 4.5/5 rating on Google.
- Sebastyan’s Atlantic Lounge Restaurant: Offers a mix of Mediterranean and Greek cuisine, with a menu that varies according to the fresh seasonal products. It is moderately priced and has a 4.6/5 Google rating.
- Taberna de Nino Restaurant: Specializing in tapas and traditional dishes, this restaurant combines the quality of its ingredients with affordable prices. It has a rating of 4.2/5 on Google.
- La Ola Restaurant: Offers a varied menu of international cuisine, with creative dishes and personalized attention. Prices are moderate and it has a 4.3/5 Google rating.
- Amura Restaurant: With a privileged location in front of the sea, Amura stands out for its signature cuisine and sophisticated atmosphere. Prices are a bit higher, but it is worth the dining experience. It has a rating of 4.6/5 on Google.
- Casa Tino Restaurant: Located in a traditional Canarian building, Casa Tino offers local dishes with a creative touch. Prices are moderate and it has a 4.2/5 rating on Google.
- Restaurant El Diablo: Located in the Timanfaya National Park, this restaurant is known for its volcanic cuisine.
These restaurants offer a wide variety of culinary options and cater to different budgets. Do not hesitate to visit any of them during your stay in Lanzarote.